FLOORGUARD MINERAL is a waterborne 1-component dust binder based on sodium silicate.
FLOORGUARD MINERAL undergoes a chemical reaction in the surface.
The result is a hard and dense top layer that is more resistant to abrasion. The sealing of the surface makes the surface resistant against penetration of dirt and moisture. Hardening of the top layer will prevent the floor from dusting even with frequent use.
FLOORGUARD MINERAL is applied both indoor and outdoor on old and new concrete floors. Examples are warehouses, shops, parking buildings and gas stations.
• Solvent free and odourless
• Hardens quickly
• Vapour permeable
• Suitable for light to mild wear and tear
• UV resistant
10 l and 25 l.
1. The surface must be completely clean, dry and dust-free. Remove oil, grease, dirt, coatings and other contaminations beforehand and allow the floor to dry completely.
2. Apply FLOORGUARD MINERAL evenly with a low-pressure sprayer. Make sure that the substrate is completely wet. Dry spots will cause weak spots in the surface.
3. Rub the material into the floor with a soft broom or floor scrubber for 30 minutes. The material will gel and become slippery during this time.
4. Apply an even amount of water to the substrate using a low pressure sprayer and rub the material into the substrate again for 10-20 minutes.
5. Remove all excess material from the subfloor with a squeegee, vacuum or mop. Excess material that is not removed will have difficulty curing or cause white spots.
6. On very porous and rough surfaces a second treatment may be necessary. The application of a second coat can be done 2-4 hours after the first coat, depending on the ambient temperature.
Ambient temperature: maximum 30°C, minimum 10°C
Substrate temperature: maximum 30°C, minimum 10°C
Relative humidity: maximum 85%
Consumption is 4-7 m2/L per layer. Consumption is influenced by the absorbance and porosity of the surface.
Can be kept for at least 12 months in original unopened packaging. Store in a cool, frost-free place.
HEATLH AND SAFETY
Causes burns and eye damage. Avoid skin and eye contact, wear suitable gloves, protective clothing and goggles. If in doubt, always consult the safety data sheet or our R&D department.
Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed of the latest news and offers from MAVRO International. You can unsubscribe at any time.