Mavrox® EP Coating 2c
Mavrox® EP Coating 2c is used as decorative finish on floors and walls and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Mavrox® EP Coating 2c has good filling capacity, a high opacity, quick hardening and excellent chemical resistance.
Treated surfaces become wear resistant, easy to clean and resistant against aggressive cleaning products.
Mavrox® EP Coating 2c does not contain any organic solvents and is therefore safer and more pleasant to use.
Depending on your situation and substrate, a build-up of different Mavrox® products may be necessary. Based on the expected load and your requirements, our technical advisors can recommend the best flooring system for you. Therefore, if you have any questions, please contact our technical advisors directly.
Mavrox® is a product line with a broad assortment of high-quality building chemical products. Mortars, epoxy and polyurethane floor- and wall panel-systems. Durable products to preserve and protect various surfaces for a long period of time. Construction chemistry for professionals!
Mavrox® EP Coating 2c is suitable for cement-bound, mastic asphalt and anhydrite surfaces.
Mavrox® EP Coating 2c is widely used in cellars, supermarkets, business premises, warehouses, production facilities, balconies, food storage, garages and corridors.
• Waterborne and contains no organic solvents
• Not prone to yellowing
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Seamless and impermeable
• Easy to clean
• Excellent wear resistant properties
Units of 1, 5 kg and 10 kg.
1. The substrate must be clean, dry, dust and grease free. Cementitious substrates must be at least 28 days old.
2. Roughen concrete floors with a diamond sander. Roughen softer floor types with 80-100 grit.
3. Degrease the floor thoroughly with Uniclean Low Foaming.
4. Repair any holes and cracks with Mavrox™ EP Repair Mortar 2c.
5. Mavrox™ EP Coating 2c has excellent adhesion to properly pre-treated substrates, therefore the use of a primer is not necessary.
For more information on the pre-treatment, see the 'Floor preservation' expert page at http://www.mavro-int.com or consult one of our technical
1. Add the B component to the package of the A component and mix thoroughly using a drill and paint mixer. Mixing by hand is not sufficient for floor coatings! Mix for 3 minutes at low speed (300-400 rpm) to avoid air entrapment.
2. Pour the prepared product into the bucket you will be working from and stir it again to be sure.
3. Start in one of the corners and use a brush to work the corners and edges.
4. Apply the coating with a roller in strips of approximately 1.5 m long. Use 200 grams per m2.
5. Work from left to right (or vice versa) and overlap each strip by a few centimetres. After a strip of 1.5 m has been applied, roll it over with a wide paint roller, this prevents visible roller tracks, layer thickness differences and other unevenness. Repeat this pattern until the entire floor is treated.
Ambient temperature: minimum 15°C
Substrate temperature: minimum 15°C
Relative humidity: max. 80%
Consumption is 5 m2/kg per layer
Can be kept for at least 12 months in original unopened packaging.
Store in a cool, frost-free place.
HEATLH AND SAFETY
Avoid skin and eye contact, wear suitable gloves, protective clothing and safety glasses. Ensure adequate ventilation. It is important that paint residues do not enter the environment. Do not rinse rollers and tools in the sink. Dispose of paint waste as small chemical waste, even if it has dried. If in doubt, always consult the safety data sheet or our R&D department.