Ceradur® Flex Slightly flexible Ceramic coating
Ceradur® Flex is a ceramic coating based on patented polysilazane technology. These unique ceramic coatings are also called glass coating or liquid glass, because the coating has comparable properties to glass.
Ceradur® Flex has excellent hydrophobic and oleophobic properties. Therefor graffiti, ink, spray-paint and flyposting barely adhere to the surface and are easily removed.
Ceradur® Flex is resistant to strong chemicals and is not affected by graffiti-removers or cleaners.
Ceradur® Flex is ultrathin (0,1 3 μm), colour deepening, transparent and easy-to-clean.
Ceradur® Flex is slightly flexible and due to its flexibility it is suitable for surfaces with a higher thermal expansion.
Depending on the conditions. the coating offers protection against pollution, erosion, corrosion and moisture for at least 3 years ( this depends on the rate of atmospheric contamination and the environment the surface is in).
The method of application of Ceradur® products has significant effect on the durability and quality of the coating. When in doubt or if you have any questions, always contact your MAVRO International advisor.
Ceradur® Flex is suitable for practically all smooth and hard surfaces. Ceradur® Flex is often applied on plastic, aluminium, coated surfaces; both satin and high gloss (PU, epoxy, polyester, powder coatings). Provided that the coating is applied correctly, the applications are very broad, examples are electrical enclosures, wall cladding and the exterior of public transportation.
• Protects against the penetration of graffiti and other chemicals
• Great hydrophobic and oleophobic properties
• Due to its ability to expand and shrink due to temperature change, it is suitable for a range of surfaces
• Temperature resistant ( up to ~250°C)
• Retrieves colour from weathered surfaces
100 ml, 0,5 l and 1 l.
1. Thoroughly clean the substrate with Uniclean or Uniclean Low Foaming and rinse with water.
2. Degrease the substrate and dry with Isopropanol.
3. Apply Ceradur® Flex with a power sponge, microfibre cloth or HLVP spray (nozzle: 0.8-1.2 mm, 2-3 bar). The coating can be applied with a soft rubbing motion or in one smooth motion. Apply the product with a maximum layer thickness of 0.1 - 3 μm (approx. 10-12 ml per m2). Exceeding the recommended layer thickness may cause the coating to have insufficient adhesion and affect the durability of the coating.
Ambient temperature: maximum 30°C, minimum 10°C
Substrate temperature: maximum 30°C, minimum 10°C
Relative humidity: max. 85% and 3°C above dew point
Consumption is 60-70 m2/L.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
Can be kept for at least 12 months in original unopened packaging. Store in a cool, frost-free place. Opened packages have a limited shelf life.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe burns and eye damage. Highly flammable liquid and vapor. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Avoid inhalation, skin and eye contact, wear suitable gloves, respirator, protective clothing and safety goggles. If in doubt, always consult the safety data sheet or our R&D department.